Thanks to the generous support of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) and the US National Science Foundation (NSF), travel awards are available for applications from authors of accepted IROS 2017 papers to present their work at the conference. To be eligible, an applicant must belong to one of the following three categories:
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Society student members
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Society members from developing countries
- US PhD students (airfare must be from a US flag carrier) (tentative)
Application deadline: July 15, 2017
Notification of award: August 5, 2017
To submit a RAS/NSF travel grant application, please visit https://parasol.tamu.edu/ieee/production/apps/iros_travelgrants/
Each application must provide:
- Basic information about the applicant
- Information about his/her accepted IROS 2017 papers
- A statement about how attendance at IROS 2017 will impact the applicant
- Resume/CV of the applicant
In addition, for a student applicant (category 1), the endorsement by the student’s faculty advisor is required via email by the application system.
Applications are reviewed on a competitive basis. An award recipient will get reimbursed - typically in the range of US$500 to US$750, and he/she must provide proof of attendance (registration) and of travel (boarding passes and ticket receipt) for reimbursement. Instructions regarding the reimbursement process will be provided at a later date.
Support and Information
For questions regarding travel support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of IROS 2017 Travel Grant Committee
Jing Xiao (Chair)